Sunday, October 4, 2009

Friendly Fiends


Went out to Cali this week, to interview for a new job and get my portfolio photographed by a great photographer (totally spoiled my usual habit of scanning pictures for the rest of my life, Dammit) It was beautiful, 70 degrees the entire time, and only a little bit foggy when the sun set over the ocean...which was worthwhile since, ahem, i was watching the sun set over the fucking ocean.

The final two steps of my application are submitting the fee (which is kinda freakin high if you ask me) and writing my statement of intent That, my friends, will be an exercise in control.

Artists' statements are inherently pretentious. I hate them, never read 'em in galleries, and kinda want to punch artists who insist on including a paragraph with every pretty thang they draw. It's the same reason I never listen to my improvisor friends' podcasts. Yes, the show was fun. NO, decribing why you made the show fun in the way you made it fun is NOT interesting; it's annoying and about as useful as being your own copy-editor. Fuckin cannibals.


Riding two planes in 48 hours gave me quite a cold. I can't focus. *sigh*





No comments:

Post a Comment